Wednesday, August 10, 2011

The Aloners & Face the Rail

Last night, my band, The Aloners, played with Face the Rail, Xerox Page (? - from San Francisco and weren't on the flier, but were added on Monday), and State Violence at Wasted Dream aka Dan's basement. I thought the show was supposed to start at 7:00 p.m. I rushed home from work, ate, and got there what I thought was a few minutes late. I walked into a yard empty except for Pat's guitar and pedal board. I made a few phone calls, which resulted in Pat unlocking the basement door for me and retrieving his equipment. Then, I discovered that the show was advertised as starting at 8:00 p.m. Dan said that we should go on 8:30ish.

Dan's basement was hot and humid. My strings got slick from sweat as my hand moved across them. I enjoyed playing, though.

Face the Rail from San Francisco are show veterans, sharing members with Nightstick Justice and Ecoli. They offer intensity and hooks - what more could a person want? Their sound is reminiscent of 80s punk, like a modern day Nardcore band or in the vein of NOTA. Unlike those bands, they've added fuzz to their guitars and complex bass lines. I hope I get the chance to see them play again.

No comments:

Post a Comment